"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Mayan Symbol or WHAAAAAT !

Oh look!  Is that a stone Mayan symbol there stuck in the dirt wall?













Got to have that.  It might bring thousands at auction.  Let's dig that out.
Wait a sec.  What is that on the left edge?















AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Cyclocosmia is a genus of spiders in the Ctenizidae family which is a type of Cork-lid trapdoor spiders.
The abdomen of spiders in this genus is abruptly truncated and ends in a hardened disc which is strengthened by a system of ribs and grooves. They use this to clog the entrance of their 7 to 15 cm deep vertical burrows when threatened, a phenomenon called phragmosis. Strong spines are located around the edge of the disc. The four spinnerets are found just anterior to it, with the posterior, retractable spinnerets particularly large. C. ricketti females are 28 mm long, with a disc diameter of 16 mm. Only the bottom portion of the burrow is silk lined.

The individual species are separated from each other by the pattern of the abdominal disc, the number of hairs on its seam, and the shape of the spermathecae.
 
VIA

3 comments:

Charlene said...

That is just amazing. The Myans saw this creature and used it as a model for their design? Or did they warship it?

I saw something this morning I've never seen before. Thanks.

Unknown said...

What a great post, what a great creature that is. I am glad you plucked it out with a knife!

Ed I said...

Sorry John but That's from a link I came across. I probably would have had a heart attack had that been me digging one of those out.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger