"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Too Hot To Fish..The Full Story

First of all here's a bit of the article as it appeared in the newspaper:
Kirk, who is known in this neck of the woods as an expert at training beagles to run rabbits, said he fishes most days at Lake Oconee, especially around the Dyar Pasture area of Greene County.

On the morning of July 12, Kirk went to the lake and set trot lines for catfish, which he planned to check the following morning. He organizes fishing ventures like Tuesday's to avoid the heat. He arrives at the lake before 6 a.m. and returns home by 10 a.m.

"I can't stand the heat. Now I could when I was young, but I can't do it now," he said.

The lifelong Oconee County resident still raises rabbit dogs.

"I raise those dogs pretty good. If it's a deer dog I ain't gonna keep it. If you go rabbit hunting you don't want to have to hunt a dog for three days," he said about beagles that chase deer and disappear in the woods.

Kirk fishes off a boat with a 1958 model outboard motor that he keeps in running shape. Recently it gave him some problems.

"I made the biggest mistake of my life. I went out to crank my motor on my boat and it wouldn't hit a lick. I went and got a set of points to put in it and it still wouldn't hit a lick. Finally I discovered one thing -- I didn't turn the gas on," he said with a laugh. "That's a good story. Tell me I'm getting old."

Kirk has a knack for growing plants, and his garden is filled with onions, tomatoes, okra and beans. He plans to can his abundance of tomatoes.

"I cold-process them in a jar and when you get ready to eat peas, you can take that tomato out and put it in your peas," he said.
While he has had some health problems, Kirk is ready for some adventure if he wins the lottery.

"If I was to hit it, I'd try to fly around the world and back. I wouldn't wear nothing but these camouflage overalls, but I'd get me some new ones," he said.

"Boy, you know what. Going to different places like that -- and they see you with your camouflage overalls on -- lots of women like them."
Kirk chuckled as he described the possibilities, then decided it was time to go inside.

"You know why people can't take the heat?" he asked. "Air-condition has ruined everybody. You know what I mean?"


You can read the full article and comments from people in the area at the following link:

But there is far more to it than what has become popular across the media.  Stephen Colbert of the Colbert report devoted some time on his program that gives the full background for the story.  The person pictured here was far more interesting (to me) than the old man saying it was too hot to fish.  So watch to video at the link provide below to get the full story.  You will not be disappointed. 

Go HERE

UPDATE TO THIS POST: Seems Mr Toole pisture here has made his appearance once again in the news.  Read about it in a new post here at http://barrytyred3.blogspot.com/2016/08/update-re-too-hot-to-fish.html

No comments:

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger