"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Identifying Kenmore Products Made For Sears By Whirlpool

(Revised and reposted September 20, 2010) Today I received a notice from Google (the owners of Blogspot) they received a notice that I am in violation of some copyright law "that certain content in your blog is alleged to infringe upon the copyrights of others." As a result they removed the original post.

Therefore I am altering the content to remove the portions from the site that gave detailed information for all the lines made for Sears.

As a former service technician employee of Sears I am familiar with the model numbers of the Kenmore branded items so when I go to purchase a Whirlpool product I know what to look for.

This posting was brought on by a recent trip to a Sears store in a semi-rural area. Those stores are almost always appliance and yard tool stores. I wanted to purchase a replacement clothes dryer with the Kenmore brand that is made by Whirlpool. The clerk told me all the Kenmore products were made by Whirlpool. That is false.

Sears does not manufacture any appliances but has the manufacturers brand some of their lines as Kenmore to be sold by Sears. So unless you are aware of each manufactures' product line as most good appliance service technicians would be you would have to rely the part-time or unknowledgeable employee in the store to get you what you want.

When I went to purchase a replacement clothes dryer at the local Sears outlet the clerk told me all Sears Kenmore products were made by Whirlpool. I looked a few and easily recognized the Maytag (made by Whirlpool today) and GE lines. By the way GE clothes dryers have their lint filter located looking down as you open the door along the bottom edge of the opening you will see a handle that you pull straight up. Then I saw what I wanted. A few dryers with the handle of the pull out lint filter located on the top flat surface of the dryer at the back right hand corner. I checked the model number to verify in my mind that I was going to get what I came there to purchase. Once I was satisfied I asked the clerk to write it up and load it onto my truck.

The model numbers for Whirlpool are 106, 110, 154 and 198. Those numbers will be identified as the model number and appear like this:


Model 110.1234456 The 110 indicating the source, Whirlpool in this case, and then following the period the rest of the model number indicating the particular model and manufacturing information needed to order parts when needed.

I can't go into any further specifics for more brands because I might violate the complainer's copyright. But maybe this partial bit of information is enough to help direct people wanting Kenmore branded Whirlpool products to what they want.

So even though I provided a link to their web site for people to get more assistance they still complained. So I have removed their information and removed the link to their web site.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

When I get ready to buy a new appliance, I'll send you a message and ask your advice. OK? :o)

Ed I said...

Thank you for your trust. I wonder if the complaint was from Sears? Seems like my post directing traffic to the other web site would have been appreciated. But some people are so touchy especially when it comes to getting $$$ from ad placements on their site. I'm not in it for the money.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger