"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Atomic Bomb Proof School Desk

I plan on hitting the flea markets in the area to see if I can get a few of these old school desks.  The way I figure it is if the government (which happened to be during the Republican administration during the mid fifties) had the schools teach us to get under the desks to protect ourselves from atomic bomb blasts and radiation.  If I cover my house with the wood from those desks I would be protected from most anything.

Oh it also was a republican administration that had us stocking up on duct tape and plastic so we could seal our house up in the event of a poison gas/Ricin attack during the year or two after 9/11.  And then there was the color code threat level.  It might still be around.  And now we also have the stupidendous TSA at the airports.

I sat in desks just like that all through school.  I think I even remember some in college classrooms in the 80s and 90s.

The ink well disappeared sometime a couple years after the ballpoint pen came into common use.  I understand now they no longer teach kids how to write in courtesy(?) or longhand...whatever the term is.  The military forced me to write in all caps because of my job and I have never been able to break that habit.  Later my work involved me signing my name hundreds of times a day.  That evolved into some unreadable wiggle that even I can't read.  Imagine my mother reading me the riot act one time because I sent her a typewritten letter. What would she have to say today what with emails, Facebook, cellphone shorthand, Twitter and such?

I guess I'm speaking a foreign language talking about typewritten and mentioning inkwells.

No comments:

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger