"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Wedding ring accident


I've seen a couple of accidents like this in my lifetime. Fortunately nothing like this ever happened to me...probably because I saw one like this early on. What makes it stick with me was the ring stripped all of the meat completely off the finger when a man jumped off the side of a truck and his wedding band got caught on the wooden side rail. He remained crouched beside the truck holding his hand. I walked over and saw his ring finger stripped of the skin with the flesh dangling from the tip of the finger. I looked up at the wood rail on the truck and noticed its splintered edge with the gold band hung up there shining in the sunlight.

This photo set looks like one of the more common type ring finger accidents where the ring hand gets caught between some falling heavy objects and the person jerks his hand back too late because the ring has smashed and is caught.

That is what happened with a coworker. He reached in a pile of metal rods to pull one out from the middle of a rack of rods. He bumped the rack and the stack came down on his hand with not as bad a result as is pictured here but bad enough to cause major damage to his finger. He lost feeling in that finger due to severed nerves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg! this was really yuck... but shit happens.. I hope this will never happen to me... :S

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger