"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Pan Am's Stewardess's On Friendlier Skies

I remember the era the new TV series is supposed to depict. Well not exactly like they will be showing on the TV series but a time when it was a joy to deal with airport parking, getting your ticket/boarding pass (they were both one and the same back then) and flying.

A flight from Atlanta to Pittsburgh included a full meal even though the time to serve it and put all up afterwards took up all the time for the flight. The stewardesses were always friendly and very helpful.

I remember my sister visiting and we forgot all about the time her flight left. It was an hour and a half to departure when we pulled out of the driveway. Driving at a rate often exceeding the speed limit considerably we arrived at the parking area 75 feet from the front entrance with 20 minutes to takeoff. Walking at a rapid pace we checked her bag in at the ticket counter and found our way through the underground tram and moving walkways to the gate with five minutes to spare. We hugged and showing her ticket to the lady at the gate off she went as they announced final call. Ten minutes later she waved from the plane as it backed out of the gate.

Try that today.

The last time I flew (my wife has flown a few times since but no me) on a business trip the parking was a bus trip away, check-in was a headache, the plane was nasty, the terminals were a disgrace and horribly crowded.  I don't know if it was a characteristic of the plane or if it was unusual but the side of the place visibly flexed and made creaking noises during ascent.

And that was before all the 9/11 stuff started.

No comments:

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger