"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Me and God

People used to ask me where I went to church. I would tell them I did not go to a physical church building very often but may have been closer to God than most people in a church.

I was a church going person until the nonsense, like war, overtook me. I became numb to everything for a long time. I was drowning in the idiocy of the world; sick at every turn. A doctor told me to find something to do each day that would relax me such as taking a 30 minute nap...lie down for 30 minutes even if I did not sleep.

One late afternoon after working in the garden tilling the rows and planting seed as I put to tools away I saw my old fishing rod in the corner of the shed. The evening meal was not ready so I decided to walk over the hill to the lake and cast the lure out to make ripples if anything.

I discovered Peace. I found God all over again or more truthfully found him for the first time. From that day on I "fished" every day that ended in 'Y'. I got closer to God there than in a church.

I came across this photo on Flckr and all that came back and had to share it.

No comments:

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger