"America is built on freedoms - of speech, religion, press, assembly, AK-47s and your face."---Mike Strobel

When all is said and done there is nothing left to say or do.
............................................ .....................
Today is as good as it gets, and our tomorrows won't be any better
_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with Republicans is that when they get into trouble they start acting like cannibals"-Richard Nixon
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Universal Serial Bus? Not Really

Over the last couple of years I've accumulated several electronic gadgets that have been available.  In the process, like unwanted insects, I find I have a drawer full of the supposed universal serial bus cables that come packaged with the products. 
If the &^%$#@(!!! things were universal then I would not have a &^%$ drawer full of the snakes!

Keeping my cool I went to the kitchen and got (no not a can of bug spray) a box of those quart size freezer bags and my label maker. I proceeded to separated the snakes according to their respective parental units, packaged them and labeled them according to their function.

I found only two of the cables that could be used interchangeably.  Both are for connecting their device to a computer for uploading/downloading data/images/music or charging their respective lithium batteries.

And it all is no neater than before but at least they do not get all tangled.

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I want to know why after I clean around my computer and printer and all the cords are neat and easy to spot, a week goes buy and everything has insinuated their selves amongst the other cords and the only way to neaten up the pile is to unplug all cords, clean up and for about 1 day it's neat before they begin creating a orgasmic pile again!

The only devices hooked to the CPU that moves are the keyboard and mouse yet all the cords to things that don't move are entwined together.

Ed I said...

They're like snakes and it's mating season!

I solved part of my desk clutter/tangle problem by getting a wireless mouse. It was surprising to find that that one simple thing prevented the desk tangles. The rest of my cords/lines are out of sight bundled together along the side and behind the desk. ;>)

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.~ John Lennon
Powered By Blogger